Safety Audit on Monsoon preparedness for safety of citizens – Certain instructions
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT
Memo No.476/ 2022/MAUD/Peshl Dated 25.05.2022
Sub: MAUD Deptt. - Monsoon 2022 - Safety Audit on Monsoon preparedness for safety of citizens - Certain instructions - Reg.
This refers to safety audit of all manholes and openings which exist in the ongoing works pertaining to HMWSSB & GHMC. These could be man-hole, open outlets of sewer, vents which are left unattended, open gutters, open culverts without safety barricades on sides, and gaps on footpaths which have sewer/storm water drains underneath and other such gaps on the roads, walkways, footpaths. These, if left unattended, especially during rains when they get filled with water and thus won't be visible and thus, pose great imminent danger to human lives and safety.
2. Few instances have happened in the past wherein a casualty has occurred by falling into such unattended points. This is a matter of serious concern. Such instances are completely avoidable if timely safety-audit is undertaken wherein 100% of such vulnerable points are inspected and appropriate action initiated to fill them in and if for some reason, filling in is not possible, action is initiated to barricade all such points.
3. This issue was reviewed and discussed at length in the review meeting chaired by Minister MAUD on April 5th wherein Minister had mentioned that there is zero tolerance for any negligence in this regard and that safety-audit must be done immediately to attend to all such vulnerable points. This was reiterated number of times in this interregnum.
4. It is however noticed that 100% safety audit is not yet completed and such vulnerable points are still visible at few points which are still left unattended. This is not acceptable.
5. The Commissioner GHMC, EnC GHMC, MD, HMWSSB and CDMA are directed to ensure that the entire area in GHMC, HMWSSB area and all ULBs is divided field-level officer wise ( all AEs, DyEEs, EEs and SEs ( of all wings and HoDs ), AMOH, Sanitation officers, ACPs and other field level planning officers, all DCs and other such field level officers in such a manner that each and every point and area at the ward level, circle level including all roads, walkways, footpaths and other such areas which are accessible to pedestrians /commuters are covered under safety-audit 100% and all such vulnerable points are identified and necessary actions initiated to attend all such vulnerable points. The list of officers - area wise may be sent to this office by 27th May.
6. All such points must be identified and attended by June 5.
7. Any negligence shall be viewed seriously and the state government will initiate disciplinary action including filing of criminal case and summary dismissal from service on all such officers responsible.
SPECIAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
The Commissioner, GHMC, Hyderabad.
The Managing Director, HMWSSB, Hyderabad.
The Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Telangana, Hyderabad
Copy to the OSD to Hon'ble Minister, MA&UD
Copy to the CMD, TSSPDCL, Hyderabad for information and necessary action.
//FORWARDED :: BY ORDER//