Fifth Convocation of PJTSAU to be held on 17th April 2021
Fifth Convocation of Professor JayashankarTelangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) will be held Online on Saturday 17th April 2021 at the University Auditorium, Rajendranagar from 10.30 am onwards in the presence of Hon’ble Governor of Telangana and the Chancellor of PJTSAU Dr.Tamilisai Soundararajan. Hon’ble Member, NITIAayog, New Delhi, Professor Ramesh Chand will be the Distinguished Chief Guest and will deliver the convocation address. Dr V Praveen Rao, Vice Chancellor, PJTSAU will present the university report. Hon’ble Members of the Board of Management, Members of Academic Council, Graduates of the Year and their parents, Invited Guests, Faculty members, Staff, will participate in the Online event.
During the 5th Convocation honoris causa degree will be conferred upon Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member, NITI Aayog, New Delhi, an eminent Indian agricultural economist and the Chief Guest of the convocation. Owing due to COVID Pandemic, for the first time in the country Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University is making arrangements to deliver the Degree Certificates online during the convocation for 21 Ph.D, 148 M.Sc., 1 M.Tech and 517 UG students. In this convocation about 29 Gold medals to be presented to the Under Graduate and Post Graduate students for their extraordinary performance in academics. Dr V Praveen Rao along with Dr S Sudheer Kumar, Registrar PJTSAU were inspected the arrangements for the 5th convocation to be held at the university auditorium at Rajendranagar here on Thursday.
Academic, Research and Extension initiatives and Accomplishments of the PJTSAU
Academic initiatives have always been University’s top priority and some of the new initiatives of the University are given here under:
- Three Common Experiential learning units (ELP) of Vermicompost, soil and water analysis labs and polytunnels were put in place in all the six Agricultural Colleges as part of Student READY programme to facilitate uniform hands on training across campuses.
- Establishment of Language/ communication labs for improving the soft skills of the students, were initiated at all the campuses across faculties and are at various stages of development.
- Central Instrumentation Cell was further strengthened to enable PG and faculty research.
- Faculty Competence App, a database of faculty profiles was developed for review and improving productivity.
- Health Profiling of the students of constituent colleges was initiated to develop nutritional index.
- The Fourth Convocation was conducted online, a first among State Universities on 27th August 2020 in light of COVID – 19 pandemic.
- In view of the COVID pandemic, online classes were arranged for UG, PG, Ph.D and diploma students through various digital platforms viz.,WhatsApp, Zoom,TCSiON and CicsoWebex. The PG & Ph. D final viva voce were permitted online and an extension of 6 months were granted for submission of thesis during the COVID time as per UGC guidelines. Special grievance cells were formedat all the colleges to address the issues related to academics and student counseling.\
- Dr.V.PraveenRao, Vice Chancellor, PJTSAU was nominated for the prestigious 7thM.S.Swaminathan Award instituted by the Retired ICAR Employees Association (RICAREA) on 7th March 2020.
Twenty five (25)students secured Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and nine (9) students secured Senior Research Fellowships (SRF) for the year 2019-20.
One (1) student from College of Agricultural Engineering, Kandi, Sangareddy qualified in GATE 2019 Examination.
Two hundred and fourteen (214) UG students of the University have qualified in the All India Entrance Examination 2019 conducted by ICAR for admission into various PG programmes across the faculties.
Forty four (44) PG students of the University have qualified in the ICAR-All India Entrance Examination conducted during 2019 for admission into Ph.D. programmes across the faculties.
Forty four (44) students of the University qualified in the National Eligibility Test (NET) examination in various disciplines of agriculture and allied fields conducted by ASRB, New Delhi.
The research and extension efforts of the TEAM, PJTSAU were recognized at the national level and the awards received for the year 2019-20 are ample testimony as given hereunder
- Award of Excellence, for Agro-meteorological Field Unit of PJTSAU, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- NABARD Best Water Conservation Instituteaward, for KrishiVigyan Kendra, Palem, Nagarkurnooldistrict.
- ICAR Certificate of Appreciation, for AICRP on Forage Crops & Utilization, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad
- AIASA Institution of Excellence Award, for PJTSAU
- PanditDeenDayalUpadhyayRashtriyaKrishiVigyanProtshahanPuraskar, for KrishiVigyan Kendra, Wyra, Khammam district.
- Annual zonal workshop Certificate of Appreciation, to KVKs, Palem, Adilabad and Wyra for their best performance
- 10th position in ICAR ranking of State Agricultural Universities, Deemed Universities and Central Agricultural Universities.
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification
Faculty members and research scholars of the University published 578research papers (Teaching 312, Research 234 and Extension 32) in various peer reviewed National and International journalsbesides authoring chapters in books and publication of large number of popular articles. Of these, 114, 408 and 56 research articles were with less than 5.0, more than 5.0 and more than 6.0 NAAS rating respectively.
Participation of faculty / students in Overseas Programmes
Two PG students of College of Community Science, Saifabadviz., Ms. B. Neeharika and Ms. J.Prasoona and two M.B.A.(ABM) students of College of Agriculture, Rajendranagar viz.,Ms.D.R. Pravalika and Ms. V. Mounika completedIARD 402/602 short course under International Agriculture and Rural Development Programme at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA from 14th September to 1st October 2019.
Three (3) M.Sc (Ag.) students majoring in Genetics & Plant Breeding and Seed Science & Technology viz.,Ms.BezawadaAkshitha, Ms. PathuriSadhana, and Ms. Sheela Uday Sri of College of Agriculture, Rajendranagar, have pursued part of their M.Sc. thesis research work at University of Hohenheim, Germany from 7th October to 13th November 2019.
Eight (8) faculty members of the PJTSAU were deputed to participate in various international training programmes / conferences / workshops to encourage global exposure at Canada, France, China, Thailand, Australia, Tanzania and USA.