Tourists' paragliding adventure gone wrong at Kerala Beach

Kerala: In a shocking incident, two tourists who embarked on an outdoor adventure at Papanasham Beach in Varkala, a rural area of Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, were left horrified when their parachute failed to land in the intended area. The man and woman were paragliding when their parachute became entangled with an electric pole that had several high-voltage lights on top, leaving them stuck. A video of the incident has gone viral on social media, showing the two paragliders trying to avoid falling from the more than 50-foot-tall pole.

Reportedly, the tourists remained stranded on the pole for almost two hours before being rescued. As per the police, the fire department did not have a ladder tall enough for the rescue operation. Therefore, the plan was to lower the columns of the high mast to bring them to safety. Additionally, mattresses and nets were placed at the bottom of the pole as a precautionary measure.

More Latest Video News