Major fire accident in Rajahmundry
Rajahmundry/Hyderabad, July 23: A major fire accident broke out at Jagadamba hotel near Gokavaram bus stand at around 7.30 pm on Wednesday night. The incident occurred when several people were watching the 'Godavari Aarati' programme on LED screen arranged at that place. In the stampeded, a 80-year-old woman, Saradamba was injured slightly. One Mr. Subrahmanyam, pan shop owner also received minor injuries, according to police sources. Three police vehicles, one auto and about 10 two-wheelers were reduced to ash. A pan shop and two shops belonging to municipality were completely damaged. Police sources said fire sparked due to gas cylinder blast which spread to brooms, bags of bleaching and chlorine stored in the nearby rooms and also to the nearby vehicles. DGP JV Ramudu and other police officials rushed to the spot and controlled the fire. The injured were shifted to government hospital. Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu also visited the spot immediately. The officials also suspecting short circuit in the nearby transformer might have triggered fire which spread to the shops and hotel and inquiring in this angle.