CM YS Jagan emotional words about YSR Jalakala Scheme
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the YSR Jala Kala scheme. Addressing on occasion, the Chief Minister said the scheme he is talking about was not kept in the election manifesto. CM Jagan said he has come out with a scheme after seeing the problems of the farmers. He said the state government would mainly focus on small farmers and help them dig the borewells and install the motors. He said the state government would help all other farmers in digging the borewells. CM Jagan said the state government is ready to bear an additional Rs 1600 crore expenditure for this purpose. He said the farmers could apply online for borewells taking the help of volunteers and Gram Secretariats. While reminding his father late YSR's association with farmers in 2004 by providing free power supply to the farmers, CM Jagan said, his government will help the farmers bearing the costs of borewells apart from providing the free power supply.
CM Jagan said in the initial round, around 2 lakh borewells would come into operation. He has hit out at the previous government over the supply of the free power and the feeders' availability.
CM Jagan said his government has extended the feeder capacity of 58% to 89%. He said by this Rabi; the remaining 11% will also be fulfilled by providing nine hours of quality power supply. Rs 1700 crore is being assigned for this purpose, CM Jagan said.