Vijayawada fire blaze: Safety violation by COVID Hospital, wooden floor lead fire amplification - CNN
Sun, Aug 09, 2020, 02:10 PM
The incident of Vijayawada fire blaze at one of the makeshift COVID hospitals has drawn the attention of the nation. The criticism flared up at the hospital management for not following the fire and electrical safety guidelines.
DG Fire Services Ahsan Raza, while reacting to the fire incident, has alleged that the Ramesh Hospitals management did not take any no-objection certificate(NOC) from the fire department. He said there were no fire extinguishers or fire safety equipment. Wooden flooring has led to the fire, he added.
Sources said that ten people have died due to suffocation, and several people were found unconscious.
Watch the video for more insight.