Sun, Aug 09, 2020, 07:51 AM
A massive fire broke out at the COVID treatment center at Swarna Palace hotel in Vijayawada this morning. Ramesh Hospitals use the hotel as its paid quarantine center for the corona treatment. The building is currently home to 34 corona victims.
Following a tip-off, the fire tenders rushed into the spot, and the firefighters put off the fire. However, due to the dense smoke, it affected the corona patients and staff working in the hotel. Reportedly, two hotel staff members jumped from the building. They sustained injuries and shifted to the nearby hospital.
On the other hand, arrangements are made to shift the corona patients in PPE dresses to one of the hospitals in Bunder road.
A preliminary report suggests that the fire accident occurred due to an electrical short circuit in the computer room.
Watch the videos for more insight of the incident.