Vizag gas leak: CCTV footage of women, kids falling unconscious in affected villages
Thousands of people including women and children were affected in villages close to LG Polymers after styrene and other harmful gases were leaked from the plant in the wee hours of May 7. Women and kids falling unconscious in a village were caught on CCTV footage.
The local police and NDRF teams have shifted unconscious villagers to various hospitals in Visakhapatnam. In the mishap, 12 were dead and hundreds have undergone treatment in the hospitals. The AP government had announced compensation of Rs 1 crore each to families of the deceased.