Visakha gas leak: Volunteer falls unconscious during house-to-house survey
A volunteer by name Kusuma fell unconscious after inhaling toxic gas while she was conducting house-to-house survey in villages affected by the gas leak from the LG Polymers at RR Venkatapuram on the outskirts of Visakhapatnam. DMHO Tirupati Rao, who was present in the village, has provided first-aid to Kusuma and shifted her to hospital in his own vehicle.
Another volunteer Nukaratnam was also shifted to the hospital as she fell sick. The survey was taken up by volunteers to assess the damage in villages. Based on the survey, the government will be paying the compensation to the affected people.