Exclusive CCTV visuals of gas leakage from LG Polymers near Vizag
Leaking of styrene gas from LG Polymers at RR Venkatapuram near Visakhapatnam caught on CCTV footage at 3:30 am on Thursday. After inhaling poisonous gas, hundreds of people and animals fell unconscious within a few seconds.
In the mishap, ten persons died and many were admitted in various hospitals. A criminal case was registered against the LG Polymers. The state government has constituted a panel to probe the reasons for the leakage of gas from the chemical plant. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has visited the KGH and consoled the affected, who were undergoing treatment.