Special story on History of Telangana HC bldg. - NTv
Mon, Dec 31, 2018, 09:43 PM
Telangana High Court (HC) building is the cynosure of all eyes, especially visitors to Charmina in Hyderabad. The building was constructed in 1915 by then Nizam Nawab, Mir Osman Ali Khan. It spreads in nine acres of land, adjoining Nayaphul. The contruction with red and white stones took place for four years. The Nizam inaugurated the building in 1920. In 1956, after the formation of Andhra Pradesh (AP), the HC building became AP High Court, with 12 judges. Koka Subbarao was the first Chief Justice (CJ).