Mon, May 08, 2017, 07:00 PM
At least four persons were burnt alive in a fire in the cellar of an apartment, at Vadapalani, in Chennai. Several others suffered burns. All vehicles in the cellar were burnt to ashes. By the time the fire service men came and put out the flames, it was very late. The fire was caused due to short circuit in the cellar. Thick smoke covered the entire cellar area, suffocating the inmates, who were unable to come out. The police have registered the case and took up investigation.