When the New Year sets in, several of us have new hopes, desires and aspirations. At least in the New Year we should be able to achieve our desires and fulfill our desires. Right from ordinary people to celebrities, everyone resolves to do something new. However, it is interesting to know what celebrities are wishing and resolving to do. This could inspire and encourage us.
Mark Zuckerberg has won the world, albeit indirectly. He had resolved to tour all the 30 states of America, in 2017. He wanted to do this as part of his desire to better his view of life. However, he was not totally successful. In 2016 he had resolved to set artificial intelligence to do all kinds of household tasks. In his own words, "the questions before me in 2016 are...to set up artificial intelligence to run easy tasks in the household." Meaning, artificial intelligence is used to do odd jobs like dealing with lights, temperature control, operate things, music, security, etc. He did achieve it. In 2015 he had decided to read a book a week. His wish was to read books on various cultures, beliefs, histories and technologies.
Shah Rukh Khan
Bollywood super star Shah Rukh Khan has been resolving at the beginning of every year since 2010, to stop smoking. But he is unable to do that. "I know this is a bad habit. But the habit is not leaving me. I am trying very hard. I know about the harmful effects of this," Shah Rukh said about his weakness, a bit anxiously. Shah Rukh has two sons and a daughter, Suhana, who he said is averse to smoking.
Bollywood star Bipasha Basu resolves to be a harmless liar. Lies brings us out of some difficult situations, she said. That is why she has resolved in 2011 to learn to speak lies. However, she appears to have failed to succeed in this. She took the same resolution again in 2012.
Bollywood and Tollywood actor Sonu Sood, resolved in the past...to start a trust or an organisation in his mother's name and help educate poor students. His mother had been a professor.
Telugus need no introduction of this actor. Paresh, who had faced numerous health problems in the past, decided to do yoga in the New Year and he implemented it.
One of the top heros of Bollywood, Ranveer Singh, decided to take care of his health since 2016. To drink more water, spend more time in meditation, exercise daily and remain fit is his goal.
The attractive actress, Jacqueline Fernandez is quiet human. She is giving a helping hand in service-oriented activities since a long time. Also, she has resolved in the New Year, to do better service for better living standards for the people.
He had resolved in 2016 to expertise in two musical instruments, saxophone and piano.
This lady had resolved last year to become more tolerant and control herself in the presence of others.
As a reminder for the New Year, it is the practice to make resolutions. It is not Indian culture. It began 4,000 years ago in Babylonia. They began the culture of celebrating New Year every year. But then New Year happened in March, every year.
Even though man's life stretches over a number of years, it is very small. Life span is expected to be around 70 years to 80 years on the average. Very few hit a century. It is part of life, for every year to melt away. Man tries to achieve many things in the little time that is available. The year is a symbol of this. You are aware that we usually recollect past incidents as having happened in a particular year. This culture has become popular world-wide, in view of the calendar gaining prominence.
Before planning for 2018, some questions...
- What is the skill you want to learn in 2018?
- Which among the skills you already know, you would like to improve?
- Names of must read books
- Your goals and what you need to do this year, to achieve them.
- Your strengths and how to continue them.
- What are your weaknesses, and how to get rid of them?
- How to improve your relation with your spouse, children?
- What are you planning to do this year, to improve your physical and mental health?
- How will you improve your family finances this year?
- What is bringing dissatisfaction to you? What are the ways to overcome it
- Wipe out the bitter experiences of 2017. Break the emotional walls, that are in the way of past darkness and future brightness. With double the enthusiasm and with a calm mind, step into the New Year.
- First thing to do is to love yourself. Self-respect is irreversible.
- Painting, cooking, dancing, or singing...have some hobby. Allot some time for your hobby even in a busy schedule. Because if you do something that gives you joy, you will feel energetic. You will overcome pressure because of this.
- What do you plan to do in the New Year.? Are you planning to visit Ooty, Mysore or Taj Mahal? Do you want to start a new business? or you want to improve your skills in your field of work? Whatever you goal, be clear about it, ready a schedule and practice it. You will succeed. That's all, but do not carry over these goals for the next year.