Sat, Nov 01, 2014, 10:43 AM
Anthrax case was detected in Hindupuram of Anantapur District. A student, Srikanth of Sririvaram village, from Lepakshi Mandal was admitted to a Bangalore private hospital. After the tests, doctors diagnosed that he has Anthrax symptoms and asked him to undergo treatment in Hindupuram, Government hospital. He might have got this disease due to consumption of polluted meat. Anthrax is a bacterial disease transmitted to human beings by animals. It is highly contagious with a high mortality rate.