Wed, Oct 22, 2014, 12:21 PM
On 18 Oct, 2014, a short circuit resulted in a fire in the basement of a crowded Delhi apartment. The fire engulfed two motor cycles and a car with its raging flames.But no one was hurt and fortunately no lives were lost. No loss of life took place because of the presence of mind shown by an intermediate teenager Ayush Thakur. His prompt action has saved the lives of all families of the apartment. He was the first to spot the smokes of the fire emanating from the basement. He alerted his parents and ran door to door to help other family members evacuate their apartments. Other wise, there could have been major loss of life. The people of the apartment wished government to honor the boy for his daring and noble cause.