Shopping Online is one of the most wonderful functions of the internet today. Now it is possible to compare prices on various items, do research on new items to hit the market, get the best deals, and have your purchase delivered right to your doorstep, all with a few clicks of the mouse. In order to exploit the full shopping potential of the internet, it is necessary to take some precautionary steps.Here's a list of tips you should follow when shopping online.
1. Search before shopping: Search the internet for the best Items. Use the internet as a tool to make the right item choice.
2. Find trustworthy Shopping websites — Shoppers should check on the seller's reputation and record for customer satisfaction.
3. Visit well known shopping Websites: Shopping Webites like Compareindia, ebay or Amazon.com are very popular choices for online shopping.
4. Buy on Ebay: Online auction websites are gaining in popularity. Ebay is one of such online site which is a great way to get the lowest prices. There are a lot of sellers on Ebay who are well reputed. Check the feedback of the seller you are interested in for an added safety measure to avoid any fraudulent sellers. In many cases, if the item you are interested in is not available locally, you will find it on Ebay.
5. Compare prices: Search for the same item on various different Shopping websites to find where you can get the lowest price. You will be amazed as to how the same item can sell for such a big price difference. Keep in mind the shipping costs of different Shopping websites may differ, so take into account the shipping charges when you are comparing the prices.
6. Lowest shipping charges: The main factor which influences shipping charges is distance. Some sellers offer flat shipping fees no matter where you are located. But some of them may offer distance based shipping.
7. Multiple Shipping Discount: Some Shopping websites offer a shipping discount in case you purchase multiple items. Once again, you can call the contact number and find out from the customer service of that shopping website if they offer any such discount.
8. Discount Coupons: Keep an eye open for discount coupons either listed on the seller’s Shopping website itself, or elsewhere on the internet. Most coupons are highlighted on the seller’s homepage. In case you are looking for third party coupons for the seller, you can do a search online for coupons. Also, you can call the seller and ask customer service if they offer any discounts.
9. Confirm your online purchase is secure — Shoppers should always look in the address box for the "s" in https:// and in the lower-right corner for the "lock" symbol before paying. If there are any doubts about a Sh0pping website, Right-clicking anywhere on the page and select "Properties." This will let you see the real URL (Shopping website address) and the dialog box will reveal if the Shopping website is not encrypted.
10. Keep documentation of your order — After completing the online order process on the shopping website, there may be a final confirmation page or the shopper might receive confirmation by email. Saving a copy of that Web page of shopping website and any emails for future reference and as a record of the purchase.
11. Check your credit card statements often — Don't wait for paper statements. Consumers should check their credit card statements for suspicious activity by either calling the credit card companies or by checking statements online regularly.